-
January 3rd, 2002, 06:35 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Is it just me or does the 'amazing' short film script competition run by Kaos Films (www.kaosfilms.co.uk) sound more than a little suspect? You have to pay ?35 to enter your 5-12 minute script and the site looks decidedly amateur.
Does anyone know if these people are above board?
Do any of you know any reliable (and preferably cheaper) short film script competitions?
Cheers
W
------------------
[email protected]
-
January 3rd, 2002, 07:13 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I personally wouldn't get involved with anything I don't find on the BFI web site or similar.
Mods
------------------
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove
-
January 4th, 2002, 07:31 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I love how it's sponsored by Panavision and Fujifilm but I guess not of that sponsorship cash went to making that website. 
------------------
-
January 4th, 2002, 11:11 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Kaos Films probably got told that a decent website would have cost them a fair whack... so they got some 16 year lad to make it!
and according to the META tags... it was made with...
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage Express 2.0">
nothing good can come from this!
as for the competition.... I can't help but feel that its some sort of scam.... a group of "producers" who are waiting around for a script to make into a short film.... hence the entrance fee!!!
However they do claim that Stephen Woolley & Nik Powell are judging it... so it can't be that dodgy?!?!?
------------------
Exposure Shorts
http://www.exposureshorts.co.uk/
[This message has been edited by Vertino (edited January 05, 2002).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks